This component supports project management activities of the implementing entities and preparatory studies for the subsequent phases of the projects. The Project Management functions are performed by the Project Coordinating Unit (PCU). The major tasks of the PCU include:
- Coordination of all project activities
- Provision of technical assistance to Project Implementing Units (PIUs),
- Development and implementation of an overarching communication strategy for the project
- Establishment and implementation of a comprehensive M&E system for the project
- Training the Implementing Agencies (IAs) in environmental and social safeguards management, grievance redress, procurement, and financial management.
- Support planning for the next project phase through technical assistance, feasibility studies, and impact evaluations.
- Explore other donor/partner funds to help finance feasibility and detailed design studies.